it has reached to the time of the year again where we tell ourselves, "im gonna leave those bad stuff that happened this year behind, and look forward to a brighter and better new year".
its also the time of the year where we tell others, "happy new year and may you have a happy, healthy, prosperous, and peaceful year ahead".
stepping into the new year is just like stepping into another day. its like today going on tomoro. its like wednesday going on thursday.
but but but, i think this is the most significant time of the year. it is probably the only time where people reflect back on the things that happened throughout the year, it is also probably the only time where people remember and think of the resolutions they made last year, it is the only time where people know if they've achieved their resolutions, and most commonly, it is FOR SURE the only time where people make new resolutions.
some people may think of starting a new life, turning a new leaf, changing themselves, etc etc.
i wrote a snippet last year on how i never achieve my resolutions every year.
anyway, no i didnt achieve anything i guess but there are afew memorable stuff that i can think of which happened this year.
- the year kicked off with me doin my internship in genting. i had the most amazing time and probably the best experience as an intern. it was the most wonderful time of my uni life.
- celebrated chinese new year away from my family for the first time in my life. i had a wonderful experience, nonetheless.
- had the first candle light dinner in my life on valentines day. it was very romantic. you can read it here but you will need to scroll down.
- witnessed a guy attempting to commit suicide in genting skyway. you can read it here but you will need to scroll down too.
- walked down 42 floors during a fire drill practise. it was the worst and most tiring day of the year.
- went to redang for the second time.
- saw the process of making a tattoo.
- had a new addition to my family. my second nephew was born.
- had 10 dogs in my house at one point because my doggie honey gave birth to 9 puppies.
- got 2 friends jason and jacob to start blogging, as well convinced fern to have a public blog.
- attended my first nuffnang event organized by kakiis.com. it was an amazing experience as well as to have some bonding time with jason and hui teing.
- had endless k-sessions and movies.
- ate smelly tofu once.
- attended an amazing sum of concerts and events such as guang liang's, jacky cheung's, xing guang bang, new man's 5th anniversary, models magazine party, etc.
- met kenny sia at new man's 5th anniversary and had dinner with him in delifrance, hartamas.
- went to singapore.
- cooked my first pasta.
- and completed my degree.
basically the list above is nothing to shout about la. just some things that made the year more eventful and memorable.
i wanted to list down the unhappy stuff too, but i cant seem to think of something i regretted doing throughout the year. is that a good thing or a bad thing? i guess i just seem to forget things so easily.
this year, i am not going to make any resolutions, but rather, a list of things i want and hope to do.
- get a job. thats the most important thing now that i have graduated.
- cook or bake. suddenly got the mood lately.
- earn more money. from blogging maybe?
- save money.
- go for a holiday in another country apart from those i've been.
- go diving.
- read more books.
- brush up and speak proper english. oh my~ my english has really gone down the drain i tell you.
- take up some kinda classes. dancing or yoga maybe.
- get in touch and meet up with old friends.
ok thats about it. at least they are 'acheiveable' stuff, or at least, stuff i think i can achieve, and i dont want to list down everything as it is never ending, and probably, non achieveable, like my resolutions for previous years. i can even forget my resolutions. just imagine.
so dear friends and readers alike, lets bid 2008 goodbye, and welcome 2009.
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you.
may you achieve your resolutions and i wish you a year of happiness, good health, prosperity and peace.
ok now that sounds like a chinese new year wish. ok nvm. and see i told you its the time of the year where people say stuff like this. how ironic.
wish me luck with my list of 'acheiveable' stuff~